Calling all go-getters!
Do you have the gift of the gab? Do you want to get your foot in the door in the media industry? We would love an experienced salesperson, but are also open to an enthusiastic person with the right outlook and drive. Extensive product, sales and industry training is provided. Your role will focus on advertising products within The West Australian and Sunday Times.
As a key member of our Contact Centre, you will work as a trusted local adviser, reporting to the Team Leader. You will drive sales and develop new and sustainable business through building and maintaining strong relationships with small-to-medium enterprise clients across Perth and managing a portfolio. You will also handle a high volume of classifieds incoming enquiries and will need to provide exemplary customer service and identify up-sell opportunities.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing new opportunities to grow business revenue through interaction with existing clients and actively seeking new business within a specified market;
- Seeking out a deep understanding of clients’ needs in order to create a targeted sales strategy;
- Achieving revenue targets;
- High level customer service;
- Providing after sales services as requested to ensure that clients’ expectations are met to a high standard
- Provide constructive input for advertising strategies; and
- Identify, assess and manage business and revenue risks as they arise.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- The ability to work to deadlines and targets.
- The ability to consistently achieve KPIs.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- A genuine interest in helping small business thrive.
It would be advantageous to demonstrate:
- Previous phone sales experience
- Proven experience in developing new business
- Proven experience in developing new business (preferred).
- Previous experience partnering with clients to assist them in achieving their goals (preferred).
Based in the Osborne Park office you will have access to our free Gym, onsite café and work the best News Media Advertising team in the country. We want to engage like-minded people who embody our values: Make it Happen – Be the Solution, Be Brave – Speak Up and Better Together – Join Forces.
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a cover letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position, what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.