Job no: 975667
Work type: Full-time
7plus is Australia’s leading broadcast digital video streaming service, home to some of Australia’s favourite shows and events including Home and Away, The Voice, the AFL Grand Final and recently the Tokyo Olympic Games!
7plus is still a baby (only 3 and a half years old!) but we’ve come such a long way in such a short time. After smashing records and delivering a celebrated experience with the Olympic games we are now the leading commercial broadcast streaming service in Australia. With a whole raft of exciting new shows and sporting events on the cards this year will cement our number one position and continue drive our amazing growth.
To help us get there, we’re on the hunt for a new Tech Lead for our Mobile Team.
If you’re looking for a role where you have autonomy, authority, a constant stream of exciting new features to develop and a range of technologies to play with then you’ve come to the right place.
At 7plus you’ll be working with a fun, talented and creative team constantly striving to delight our users and give them the best experience and highest quality service in the market. With never a dull moment you’ll enjoy facing new challenges every day and be able to boast about working on one of the most visible platforms in the country.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering you’ll be:
- The subject matter expert and the “go to” person for all things mobile
- Designing, developing and testing innovative solutions for our iOS, Android and Android TV platforms
- Leading an agile scrum team to deliver on the sprint goals
- Driving the application architecture
- Regularly conducting peer reviews and providing constructive feedback to your peers
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for various environments and purposes
- Continuously challenging and improving standards, procedures and technologies by providing recommendations and collaborating with other team members
- Communicating and collaborating with various stakeholders, managers and technology partners to provide updates, insights, recommendations and design solutions
- Taking initiative and always looking for ways in which you can improve the success of the platform
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team
- Applying the appropriate practices to a problem given the constraints of time, scope, requirements and budget
- Providing estimates for project timelines and resourcing requirements
- Performing all work in accordance with company policies, quality program, programs, standards and procedures.
- Be proud to deliver applications and solutions that your friends, family and the rest of Australia will use to enjoy Tokyo Olympics!
We are looking for an all rounder who is well versed in both Android and iOS.
However we are open to applications from iOS specialists who are familiar with Android and would like to upskill across both.
- Have at least 7+ years experience as a mobile developer
- Have worked across both iOS and Android and are a specialist in iOS
- Be an expert in Swift / Kotlin (preferably both)
- Have solid experience consuming complex APIs
- Be confident with object oriented / application design principles and apply them in creating extensible, reusable and clean code
- Have a strong understanding of the Apple and Google ecosystems including build and certificate management and release processes
- Have experience with various types of software testing, from unit testing to UI tests
- Understand build tools and value DevOps culture
- Love creating pixel perfect interfaces across different devices according to design specifications
- Be keen to learn as well as share their knowledge with team members
- Have an interest in the continuous improvement of themselves and their team
- Stay up to date with latest technologies and trends
- Ideally have experience with native media players (video is our thing after all!)
Desirable but not essential
- Experience with tvOS
- Ad tech
- AWS cloud services knowledge and experience
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Media industry / video experience
At Seven, you’ll be joining one of Australia’s iconic brands and companies and have the opportunity to work on products that are used by millions of Australians.
You’ll get to
- Hone your skills by working with the latest technologies and trends
- Work and hangout with a group of talented, driven and fun people
- Access to self driven learning platforms allowing you to upskill in any area you choose
- Participate in a benefits program which covers gym memberships, well being and counselling services
- Access a range of sporting facilities and internal games / comps
- Work on some of the most visible and used products in the country!
Your success is our success. We look forward to hearing from you.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au