The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.
An opportunity is available for a Broadcast Support Technician based at our Sydney Broadcast Centre, currently located at Martin Place. This is the chance to work with a team of passionate technicians who collaborate to maintain all the broadcast equipment depended upon by Sunrise, The Morning Show, and 7 News, and to be involved in the installation and commissioning of the latest technology.
The role of the Broadcast Support Technicians is to install, commission, repair and maintain all studio production equipment, field / ENG production equipment and other broadcast infrastructure at the site. This includes IT systems that are used for broadcast applications, such as:
- Video servers
- Editing platforms
- Graphics systems, newsroom management and automation.
- Responsibilities also include equipment such as cameras, monitors, routers, microwave and satellite links, communications systems, and vision and audio mixers.
The person we are looking for is obsessed with broadcast technology and finds fulfilment in bringing their technical skill to support our internal customers’ needs. It is a great chance to be part of a team of people who share their expertise in a variety of fields, who have an insatiable appetite for understanding how everything works, and continually look for ways to enhance the services we offer and systems we support.
Essential criteria are:
- Previous experience in a broadcast engineering, support or broadcast IT role
- A strong customer focus
- Sound understanding of broadcast engineering fundamentals
- Great attention to detail
- Basic understanding of electronics and of the administration of Windows and Linux operating systems and IP networking fundamentals.
- Expertise in at least some areas of broadcast engineering or IT is necessary.
- Remaining calm and thinking clearly under pressure, logical and systematic approaches to problem solving and
- Clear communication, organisation and documentation skills are essential qualities.
- Experience with ST 2110 environments, project management and install experience, or advanced networking or IT skills would be viewed favourably.
- It would be helpful to have production or TV operations experience. Formal qualifications in electronics, engineering or IT would also be highly regarded.
This position involves rotational shiftwork, including night and weekend shifts according to operational requirements. The work will involve manual handling of heavy or bulky equipment.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate wishing to broaden their skill base and join a dynamic team, working with the latest technology within a fast-paced News and live production environment.
Your success is our success: we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.