Director / Switcher
Job no: 975843
Work type: Casual, Full-time
Categories: Broadcast Operations, Television Production
At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.’
We are seeking expressions of interest in becoming a Director / Switcher at Seven within the Martin Place News Department, based in Sydney.
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
An exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced Director / Switcher at Seven.
Based in Sydney Reporting to the Operations Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Directing / Switching Manual and automated programs.
- Reacting to Live and Ad hoc rundown changes
- Coordination of all on-air elements
- Clear and concise direction and communication to presenters, producers and crew
- Maintain and modify vision mixer setups as required.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Passionate with strong work ethic and dynamic to the changing needs of breaking news
- Previous experience in Directing and switching manual productions and Mosart Automation.
- Work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience with accurate operation of production facilities in automated and manual environments
- Ability to enact on-air recovery procedures
- High Attention to detail
- Calm, effective communication under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills and team work
- Have previous experience in the television broadcast industry is essential.
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend