Senior Publicist, Sport
Job no: 975894
Work type: Full-time
At Seven we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us - we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. Together, we’re responsible for creating and sustaining authentic Australian engagement.’
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced Senior Publicist to join the Seven team, ahead of what promises to be an exciting year. You will be working across Seven’s market-leading sport line-up.
Reporting to the National Publicity Manager News, Public Affairs and Sport, you’ll be responsible for planning, developing and delivering targeted and effective publicity strategies for all sport programming – from AFL to Cricket, Horse Racing, Supercars, Winter Olympics and Commonwealth Games – while working closely with our world-class commentary teams.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing media schedules, including all associated artist management
- Writing, editing, producing and distributing internal and external communications including media releases, press kits, bios, synopses, alerts and social media posts
- Image management - from photo shoot co-ordination, concepts, schedules and budgeting, to the editing and delivery of images to media and key stakeholders
- Reporting and analysis of publicity activities
- Event management as required
- Issues management as and when required
We are looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience in publicity, communications, journalism or media within the entertainment industry, preferably with experience in and a passion for sport.
- Current and well-developed network of Australian media contacts and a demonstrated understanding of the Australian media landscape.
- Experience with artist relations and management.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Proven issues management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to ever-changing business priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A love of television and sport.
Relevant qualification in public relations, communications or a related field is preferred.
Due to the nature of the position, a degree of flexibility with hours is also required.
Your success is our success: we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au