Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise of Channel Seven; The West Australian, The Sunday Times, The West, PerthNow Community newspapers and associated WA Regional newspapers.
About the Role
Based in our Osborne Park office Seven West Media are looking for a Management Accountant to join our motivated and high performing Finance Team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will have the opportunity to apply your commercial and communication skills across the business to become an integral member of the team.
Due to the high visibility of the Credit function within the organisation you will interact with the other Departments within the Company to help drive effective business decisions.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Preparing of Annual Budgets and Periodic Forecasts for the WA Operations
- Implementing cost and expense control, including reporting, analysis and assessment
- Developing meaningful reporting, both internally and to Group Finance
- Weekly and Monthly EBIT reporting along with Daily and Monthly Cashflow reporting
- General Ledger and Budget System Configuration
- Become an integral part of the business as a Business Partner to various Departments
Candidate will have:
- Experience in budgeting, planning and forecasting in a complex business
- Experience and an interest in process improvement in particular writing reports from a data warehouse or source systems (Epicor – GL, Prophix – Budget/Forecast/Reporting) in Power BI
- The ability to analyse, design and review a complete business process to achieve better quality and more efficient outcomes
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously or part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with different business areas advising on budget, cost management and revenue initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities within the team as required
We are looking to engage like-minded people who embody our values of:
Make it Happen – Be the Solution;
Be Brave – Speak Up; and
Better Together – Join Forces.
How to Apply
If you think you are up for the challenge, please apply by submitting a covering letter outlining what interests you most about this role, how your experience matches the requirements of the role and what you would contribute to the Management Accounting team at SWM (WA), along with a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au