Seven West Media is looking for a driven and dynamic digital journalist/producer to contribute to thewest.com.au and perthnow.com.au.
The Digital Producer is a full-time senior role within the online team in WA’s biggest newsroom and will provide support to the Online Editor while helping guide the news direction of both websites throughout the afternoon and evening.
The successful applicant must have excellent news judgment and a keen attention to detail, combined with a strong sense of urgency, an ability to multi-task and a thorough grasp of online content distribution.
Based in Perth and reporting to the Online Editor, you’ll be responsible for:
• Sourcing and writing original stories for publication in print and online platforms
• Being adept in the journalistic use of social media to both find and disseminate stories, promotion and posting of stories online, producing video for digital products
• Using your news judgment and understanding of analytical tools to best promote stories online
• Contributing to digital content including writing stories, sub-editing, writing headlines, picture captions, embeds and videos
• Providing support to the Online Editor and guiding the news direction of both websites
• Having an awareness of legal and moral issues when reporting
• Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner
• Up-skilling and using technology to perform your role, attend training when required
• Working productively in a team environment with the ability to react speedily in a deadline-driven environment
• Interviewing subjects effectively and professionally
We are looking for someone who has:
• Experience working within the media industry
• A strong work ethic and a healthy level of initiative
• A high level of literacy
• Good interview and communication skills
• The ability to work autonomously under high pressure
• Flexibility in a seven-day newsroom - including rotating weekend shifts - and the ability to work later in the day
In return, we’ll give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic media companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.