About the Company
Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise of Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, The West, PerthNow and associated Community and WA Regional newspapers.
About the Role
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Credit Services Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to interact with both external and internal clients within the Newspaper Group to ensure payments are correctly allocated to accounts, accounts are maintained within Credit terms and where required, discuss payment arrangements with outstanding account holders.
Due to the high visibility of the Credit function within the organisation, you will interact with other Departments within the Company to help drive effective business decisions.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Accurate allocation of payments from bank statements to accounts daily
- Take accountability for a portfolio of accounts based on credit terms or function
- Answer credit phone queries as part of the Credit Team centralised phone group
- Monitor portfolio accounts and follow up overdue accounts by email, phone or letters
- Work with the Advertising and Customer Engagement teams to resolve any credit issues
- Provide support and advise to the wider business on credit policy and enforcement
- Provide coverage for other Credit portfolios as required
- Prepare account refunds when required
- Raise and issue invoices as required
- Processing of finance system journals as required to ensure account accuracy
- Reconciliation of Credit General Ledger accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Contribute to the Month End close process for Credit/Accounts Receivable
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Consumer or Commercial Credit environment
- Membership with AICM
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities within the team as required
We are looking to engage like-minded people who embody our values of:
Make it Happen – Be the Solution;
Be Brave – Speak Up; and
Better Together – Join Forces.
How to Apply
If you think you are up for the challenge, please apply by submitting a covering letter outlining what interests you most about this role, how your experience matches the requirements of the role and what you would contribute to the Credit team at SWM (WA), along with a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au