Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers.
Based in our Kununurra office and reporting to the Northern Papers Editor, this role is ideal for an experienced journalist keen to cover topics such as agriculture, crime, courts, government and Indigenous affairs in one of the State’s most important regions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in journalism or a similar field, an understanding and keen interest in local news, sport and photography, be versed in digital operations and social media and have a desire to work collaboratively within a team.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Gathering and writing original news stories for publication in print and online platforms;
- Developing positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Breaking news stories and create engaging content;
- Contribute to news planning meetings and liaise with the Northern Papers Editor regarding story development;
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally; and
- Representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- The ability to work under high pressure
- Good interviewing and communication skills
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
- A valid driver’s license
- A passion for local news
We want to engage like-minded people who embody our values: Make it Happen – Be the Solution, Be Brave – Speak Up and Better Together – Join Forces.
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
For queries about your application contact the Northern Papers Editor on (08) 9191 9767.