Sales Support Merchandiser Advert
The West Australian Newspaper (as part of Seven West Media) is the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA. But we’re more than that – we’re a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members. We’re here to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we live to give our audience, clients and team the best experience.
Seven West Media has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Sales Support Merchandiser, to join our Customer Engagement Retail Sales Team. The Sales Support Merchandiser will be a permanent part-time position, working 25 hour per week, over a Wednesday to Sunday roster.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, this role is focused on optimising the distribution and sales of the company’s newspapers and promotional products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the retail newspaper sales team by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services
- Collaborate with the Retail Sales, Circulation and Distribution team to plan merchandising schedules and execute and report on merchandising tasks and activity
- Build productive customer relationships that support the Customer Engagement objectives and vision
- Monitor and audit retail merchandising asset compliance and newspaper quantities to provide timely and actionable feedback reports
- Identify and report new in-store merchandising opportunities and new selling points
- Merchandise and point of sale storage facility and distribution management
- Managing various retail channels within a designated sales territory to improve the ranging and retail presence of all company publications and products
What we’re looking for in our next team member:
Demonstrated experience working as a sales support merchandiser in a fast-moving consumer goods environment is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated retail experience of at least 2+ years
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to influence customers
- Ability to manage client feedback and complaints and quickly resolve issues
- Be a strong team player, be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 15kg
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Current driver’s license essential
Let’s talk benefits:
An inclusive and diverse workplace where caring for each other is the norm
A culture that values respect, collaboration and speaking up
Café, Free parking and Free Gym on site
Flexible working conditions
Paid parental leave policy
Employee health and wellbeing support programs
Work Perks program
Apply now via the link below.