Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven; The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers.
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and proactive graduate or junior journalist ready to kick-start their career at WA’s leading media business.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Manager and Editor of Seven West Creative, this full-time entry-level position involves writing informative and engaging advertorial content for clients, as well as content across a vast range of topics.
This position contributes to the Advertising Department by producing print features for The West Australian, The Sunday Times, PerthNow and Regional mastheads as well as weekly products in the property space.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong communication and copywriting skills, highly developed organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work in a busy, deadline-driven environment. Essential to this role is a desire to work collaboratively within a team and independently when required, as well as a positive attitude.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Writing across a diverse range of topics and industry sectors;
- Interviewing and photographing subjects in a professional manner;
- Liaising with advertising clients on a daily basis;
- Developing positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Working collaborating with sales teams within the Advertising Department;
- Representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
Let’s talk benefits:
- An inclusive and diverse workplace where caring for each other is the norm
- A culture that values respect, collaboration and speaking up
- Flexible working conditions
- Paid parental leave policy
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Employee health and wellbeing support programs
- Work Perks program
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A qualification in Journalism or Communications and/or copywriting experience;
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain high-quality work in a deadline-driven environment;
- A strong work ethic;
- A valid driver’s licence.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV, samples of work and a cover letter outlining why you want to work for Seven West Media!
Seven West Media WA is an equal opportunity employer and a proud supporter of a diverse and inclusive culture.
Only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.