You may have heard of us, but did you know? Seven West Media (SWM) is not only the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA, we are a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members that love what we do. We get to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we aim to give our audience, clients and team the best experience. We comprise of brands including Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au, PerthNow, 7plus, and thegame.com.au.
Based in our Bunbury office and reporting to the South West Editor, is an opportunity for an existing journalist or a new journalism graduate, to join the South West team of reporters.
Predominately working on the weekly Bunbury Herald and South Western Times publications, two of the six mastheads in SWM’s South West regional group, you would also have the opportunity to contribute to The West Australian and The Sunday Times newspapers on news relevant to the region.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering original news stories for print and online publication that reflect the wider interests of the people of the South West. As a reporter, you’ll cover all aspects of news in the Bunbury and South West communities, including courts, crime, council, agriculture, health, arts and culture, politics, special features, community, and sport.
The role will enable you to partake in tasks such as:
- Consistently delivering accurate, engaging copy to strict deadlines
- Covering breaking news stories across a broad range of areas
- Pitching agenda-setting exclusive story ideas to the Editor
- Building and maintaining excellent contacts across the community
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally
- Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner
- Admirable written and verbal communication
- Highly organised with the ability to build rapport quickly with a range of stakeholders
- A passion for community journalism, strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Experience writing copy in a professional or academic context
- Have an eagle-eye for detail and excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Hold a valid driver’s licence
About the Benefits
- Salary sacrifice packaging and a paid parental leave policy
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- An inclusive and diverse workplace that values respect, collaboration and speaking up
- An employee Perks program, health and wellbeing support program and more
Join us at Seven West Media and be a part of our success story. To apply simply click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the prompts to submit your resume and any supporting documents. Please note, only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.
Apply now and join us behind the scenes at one of Australia’s most prominent media companies to let your talents shine.
SWM is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
SWM does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information visit www.sevenwestmedia.com.au