Job no: 978345
Work type: Full-time
Join the Australia’s most watched network!
- Opportunity to be across the heart of Television and local news.
- Generous benefits including paid parental leave & corporate discounts.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Journalist / Producer to join the 7NEWS team in what promises to be an exciting year at Seven.
Based in Toowoomba and reporting to the 7QLD News Director, you will be primarily responsible for developing and creating high-standard segments.
You will be responsible for breaking news stories and creating engaging content as well as contributing to editorial meetings and liaising with the News Director regarding story development.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum two years’ experience in television news reporting and producing
- Outstanding leadership qualities, with first-class people skills
- Energetic, self-starter attitude with the ability to think clearly and act quickly under pressure.
- Proven editorial skills.
- A solid understanding of media law and ethics
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
In return, we will provide you with:
- Generous 7Perks and corporate discounts at a range of retail, tech and health & fitness facilities
- Professional development opportunities through Seven’s Mentoring and Performance & Development programs
- Access to Seven’s own Learning and Development program: Accelerate
- A reward and recognition program with monetary and non-monetary incentives
- A competitive salary
- Generous paid parental leave for both secondary and primary carers
At Seven, we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us.
Seven is Australia’s #1 television network and home to iconic news, sports and entertainment brands, plus Australia’s #1 BVOD service, 7plus.
Our company values of Be Brave, Better Together and Make It Happen put our people first and celebrate diversity, innovation and making a difference to the lives of millions of Australians.
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, the media company of the future, powered by audience, content and technology. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
Visit our LinkedIn Life page to find out more about Seven
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au