You may have heard of us, but did you know? Seven West Media (SWM) is not only the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA, we are a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members that love what we do. We get to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we aim to give our audience, clients and team the best experience. We comprise of brands including Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au, PerthNow, 7plus, and thegame.com.au.
Based in our Port Hedland or Karratha office and reporting to the Northern Papers Editor, this role would suit a storyteller keen to cover one of the State’s most important regions.
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in journalism or a similar field, an understanding and keen interest in local news, sport and photography, be well versed in digital operations and social media and have a desire to work collaboratively within a team.
About the role
- Gathering and writing original news stories for publication in print and online platforms;
- Developing positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Breaking news stories and create engaging content;
- Contribute to news planning meetings and liaise with the Northern Papers Editor regarding story development;
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally; and
- Representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
- The ability to work under high pressure
- Good interviewing and communication skills
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
- A valid driver’s license
- A passion for local news
About the Benefits
- Company housing
- Iconic WA brand
- An inclusive and diverse workplace where caring for each other is the norm
- A culture that values respect, collaboration and speaking up
- Flexible working conditions
- Paid parental leave policy
- Employee health and wellbeing support programs
- Work Perks program
Join us at Seven West Media and be a part of our success story. To apply simply click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the prompts to submit your resume and any supporting documents. Please note, only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.
Apply now and join us behind the scenes at one of Australia’s most prominent media companies to let your talents shine.
SWM is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
SWM does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information visit www.sevenwestmedia.com.au