You may have heard of us, but did you know? Seven West Media (SWM) is not only the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA, we are a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members that love what we do. We get to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we aim to give our audience, clients and team the best experience. We comprise of brands including Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au, PerthNow, 7plus, and thegame.com.au.
The Digital team have a 6 month fixed term vacancy for a Service Designer to join their Product and Technology team on an exciting new project. Our NextGen News project is a pivotal program driving the overhaul of news experiences for The West, PerthNow, and Regionals based on our next generations of customers. This initiative comprises research and discovery to enhance the digital to appeal to the acquisition and retention of the next generation of our audiences.
Reporting to the Product Design Lead, the Service Designer will be responsible for creating and delivering the NextGen News end-to-end enterprise experience that encapsulates the customer, vendor, and employee (journalist) experience and spans face-to-face and digital interactions.
About the role
- Lead the Service Blueprinting process, establishing blueprint architecture and collaborating with other disciplines to map key user journeys, customer pain points, metrics, technology, process and data across touchpoints along the business value chain
- Design concept journeys and roadmaps that communicate how total user experience can be elevated beyond the immediate product or service
- Translate insights and ideas into compelling stories and share with stakeholders
- Research future trends and gather stakeholder expectations and goals
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Designer Researcher and Product Designers in developing targeted research plans that include metrics and ensure research techniques meet research objectives
- Utilise the process of iterative design to understand user interactions and enhance user satisfaction by improving the usability and accessibility provided when interacting with a system, product or service
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as Service Design, Interaction Design, User Experience (UX) Design, Industrial Design or a related discipline
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience delivering large Design and Discovery projects within an agile environment
- A thorough understanding of service design process & activities, and demonstrated experience in applying Human-Centred Design, Design Thinking and/or lean start-up to design and prototype new products and services
- A proven ability to manage projects with a high level of ambiguity and work in a self-directed culture
- Advanced computer/software skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Jira and Confluence. Advanced skills using digital whiteboarding software such as Figjam, Mural or Miro
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills with the proven capability to build and maintain productive working relationships across a range of stakeholders, collaborating at all levels
About the Benefits
- An exciting opportunity to work on a new project within a talented team
- An attractive remuneration package
- Salary sacrifice packaging and a paid parental leave policy
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- An Osborne park location with an onsite café, free gym and parking
- An employee Perks program, health and wellbeing support program and more
Join us at Seven West Media and be a part of our success story. To apply simply click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the prompts to submit your resume and any supporting documents. Please note, only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.
Apply now and join us behind the scenes at one of Australia’s most prominent media companies to let your talents shine.
SWM is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
SWM does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information visit www.sevenwestmedia.com.au