You may have heard of us, but did you know? Seven West Media (SWM) is not only the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA, we are a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members that love what we do. We get to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we aim to give our audience, clients and team the best experience. We comprise of brands including Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au, PerthNow, 7plus, and thegame.com.au.
The Digital team have a 12 month fixed term vacancy for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join their Product and Technology team on an exciting new project. Our NextGen News project is a pivotal program driving the overhaul of news experiences for The West, PerthNow, and Regionals based on our next generations of customers. This initiative comprises research and discovery to enhance the digital to appeal to the acquisition and retention of the next generation of our audiences.
Reporting to the Product Design Lead, the Senior UX/UI Designer will be responsible for the design and overall experience of the NextGen News product. The successful candidate will be able to meet design, business, and tech requirements to deliver an excellent user experiences for Seven West NextGen News customers.
About the role
- Undertake and support user research activities alongside the Service Designer and Design Researcher to identify customer insights
- Contribute to the Service Blueprinting process. Under the guidance of the Service Designer, map key user journeys for current and future state customer pain points, metrics, technology and data across key touchpoints along the business value chain
- Ensure that valuable outcomes are created, captured, stored and shared across the business, in an engaging way that promotes the benefits for other teams and strategic objectives
- Be an expert in the end-to-end product design cycle including research, usability facilitating UX workshops, ideation, wireframing and usability testing
- Ensure that the defined business requirements, usability and accessibility requirements have been met and are consistent to the design practice and are documented
- Create final concepts, solutions, screens and designed artefacts for final delivery of products and services
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as Interaction Design, User Experience (UX) Design, Product (UX/UI) Design, Industrial Design or a related discipline
- Prior working experience in a Senior UX/UI role 3 years or more
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience delivering large Design and Discovery projects within an agile environment
- Experience in design thinking methodologies, human-centered design, or other relevant design frameworks
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, JIRA, Confluence and other relevant software
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills with the proven capability to build and maintain productive working relationships across a range of stakeholders, collaborating at all levels
About the Benefits
- An exciting opportunity to work on a new project within a talented team
- An attractive remuneration package
- Salary sacrifice packaging and a paid parental leave policy
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- An Osborne park location with an onsite café, free gym and parking
- An employee Perks program, health and wellbeing support program and more
Join us at Seven West Media and be a part of our success story. To apply simply click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the prompts to submit your resume and any supporting documents. Please note, only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.
Apply now and join us behind the scenes at one of Australia’s most prominent media companies to let your talents shine.
SWM is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
SWM does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information visit www.sevenwestmedia.com.au