You may have heard of us, but did you know? Seven West Media (SWM) is not only the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA, we are a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members that love what we do. We get to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we aim to give our audience, clients and team the best experience. We comprise of brands including Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au, PerthNow, 7plus, and thegame.com.au.
The Digital team have a 6 month fixed term vacancy for a Design Researcher to join their Product and Technology team on an exciting new project. Our NextGen News project is a pivotal program driving the overhaul of news experiences for The West, PerthNow, and Regionals based on our next generations of customers. This initiative comprises research and discovery to enhance the digital to appeal to the acquisition and retention of the next generation of our audiences.
Reporting to the Product Design Lead and under the guidance of the Service Designer, the Design Researcher will be responsible for developing a deep insight into Next Gen target customers and users and become an advocate and representative of our customer. You will conduct research, analyse research data, glean insights and share customer stories, identifying opportunities and recommendations for product, service and process improvements.
About the role
- Assist in developing targeted research plans that include metrics and assessment of research techniques against objectives.
- Undertake user research utilising a variety of techniques to identify customer insights including:
- Perform primary research, including focused interviews in 1:1 and group settings, contextual inquiry, and observation.
- Perform secondary research to explore potential opportunities such as desktop research and analysis of past studies.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of co-design and prototyping workshops involving stakeholders.
- Analyse and synthesis large amounts of raw quantitative and qualitative research data.
- Generate insights and recommendations from research and share with stakeholders.
- Support the Service Designer and Product Design Lead in customer understanding targeted for key business problems, mapped against key user journeys and customer pain points.
- Prepare reporting and presentations for key stakeholders, including executives to share insights and recommendations on improvements to user experience in related product and services.
- Degree in either Design, Business, Human Sciences, Software Engineering or other relevant field.
- 1 - 3 years of demonstrated experience delivering, leading and conducting Customer Insight and Research projects within an agile/product environment.
- Demonstrated experience in applying Design Thinking, Human Centred Design and leveraging human-centred methods such as empathy
- Ability to think creatively and develop new and innovative ways of approaching problems/opportunities and engaging with various audiences.
- Advanced stakeholder engagement skills with the proven ability to build and maintain productive working relationships across a range of stakeholders, collaborating at all levels.
- Advanced computer/software skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Jira and Confluence. Advanced skills using digital whiteboarding software such as Figjam, Mural or Miro
About the Benefits
- An exciting opportunity to work on a new project within a talented team
- An attractive remuneration package
- Salary sacrifice packaging and a paid parental leave policy
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- An Osborne Park location with an onsite café, free gym and free parking
- An employee perks program, health and wellbeing support program and more
Join us at Seven West Media and be a part of our success story. To apply simply click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the prompts to submit your resume and any supporting documents. Please note, only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.
Apply now and join us behind the scenes at one of Australia’s most prominent media companies to let your talents shine.
SWM is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
SWM does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information visit www.sevenwestmedia.com.au