Financial Business Analyst

Apply now Job no: 978592
Work type: Full-time
Location: Perth

Are you a financial analyst looking to broaden your scope?

 

Are you curious, innovative and love a challenge?

 

Do you thrive in a faced paced environment where you can quickly see the impact of your work? 

 

Seven West Media (SWM) is not only the top news, sports and entertainment brand in WA, we are a group of diverse, creative and inclusive team members that love what we do. We get to connect with millions of Western Australians every day, and we aim to give our audience, clients and team the best experience. We comprise of brands including Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au, PerthNow, 7plus, and thegame.com.au.

We’re looking for a Senior Analyst who has experience forecasting sales and building budgets.  Financial revenue and cost management will make up about 40% of your role – so you need to have these foundation skills to be successful.  The other 60% of your time will be spent on scenario modelling, opportunity analysis and strategic work to support the optimisation and growth of our consumer facing business.

 

A bit about a us..

 

We’re a team who is driven by results and is highly motivated to succeed.  We’re proud of our supportive and collaborative culture and we know that this is one of the key ingredients to our success.  We’re adaptable and work with pace most of the time but we make sure that we create space for learning and innovation too.  We love what we do and we’re passionate about how we do it and the outcomes we deliver!

 

And now, a bit about the role..

  • Run the subscription and retail sales forecasting process. Interpret and analyse data to make assumptions and provide insight and recommendations relating to performance against budget
  • Build the department financial budget and report on progressive performance
  • Work closely with senior stakeholders to develop and implement reporting and practices with the aim of maximising sales, distribution efficiencies, and revenue growth
  • Build financial models as required to guide business cases and decision making
  • Contribute to building a culture that is visionary, adaptable and communicative
  • Demonstrate leadership, by managing and mentoring a small team of junior analysts, overseeing their priorities and workflow to ensure deadlines are achieved

 

Our Financial BA will have:

  • Relevant tertiary qualifications in an analytical discipline, preferably commerce, finance or accounting
  • Highly determined and committed to improving current processes, systems and reporting
  • Embrace new learnings and be persistent through challenges
  • Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
  • Experience leading a team
  • Confidence in designing reports, financial modelling and presenting recommendations to executive level stakeholders
  • Autonomous time management and ability to deliver practical commercial insights within a fast-paced environment
  • Attention to detail at all times and especially when working under pressure on multiple priorities to deadline

 

Apply now!

Join us at Seven West Media and be a part of our success story. To apply simply click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the prompts to submit your resume and any supporting documents. Please note, only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.

 

Apply now and join us behind the scenes at one of Australia’s most prominent media companies to let your talents shine.

SWM is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.

SWM does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.

For more information visit www.sevenwestmedia.com.au

Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time

Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend

#li-DNI

Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.

Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes. Seven West Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.