Hair and Makeup Artist
Job no: 978727
Work type: Full-time
Are you passionate about the art of hair and makeup? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment where creativity meets professionalism? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to showcase your talent as a Hair and Makeup Artist at our Melbourne broadcast centre at Seven Network, a prominent entity within Seven West Media.
Reporting to the Manager, Production Services, this position is responsible for preparing hair and make-up and performing wardrobe duties for presenters and guests for all programs broadcast from our Melbourne broadcast centre or for editorial, publicity and promotional events, ensuring the network image is maintained. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform hair styling and make-up and wardrobe duties for presenters and guests for all programs from our Melbourne broadcast centre.
- Perform hair styling, make-up and wardrobe duties for Publicity, Promotional and Special Events as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager, Production Services and the wider department to generate ideas, improve processes, collaborate and share information and knowledge throughout the department
- Carrying out a variety of administrative duties including rostering, submitting timecards and reconciling credit card transactions
- Continually strive to maintain the standard of, and to develop make-up and hair techniques, working closely with the Manager, Production Services.
- Maintain effective working relationships with presenters.
- Proven experience in hairdressing, including styling, cutting, blow-drying and hair extensions (colour treatment experience is preferred, but not essential)
- Qualified hairdresser (preferred)
- Experience working in television or film production/ within a broadcast studio environment
- Sewing experience (preferred, but not essential)
- Adaptable, flexible, and reliable and be comfortable with shift work (including evenings and weekends)
- A people-person with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of proactivity, initiative and ability to multi-task
Why would you want this role?
Seven is leading the way in creating the media company of the future. This is a great opportunity for a creative, driven and enthusiastic Hair and Makeup Artist to be part of the leading edge in broadcasting excellence.
In return, we will provide you with:
- Generous 7Perks and Exclusive Corporate Discounts: Enjoy a plethora of perks, from exclusive discounts at top-notch retail, tech, and health & fitness facilities. Your well-being is our priority!
- Collaborative Vibes in a Dynamic Culture: Immerse yourself in a workplace where collaboration is not just encouraged; it's celebrated. Our vibrant culture thrives on teamwork and innovation, providing a flexible hybrid working environment for you to excel.
- Professional Growth Opportunities: Elevate your career with Seven’s Mentoring and Learning Development programs.
- Rewarding Recognition: Be recognized and rewarded! Our program offers both monetary and non-monetary incentives, celebrating your hard work and dedication.
- Competitive Salary: Your efforts deserve more than just applause. Enjoy a competitive salary package, reflecting your commitment to excellence.
- Generous Paid Parental Leave for All: Family matters, and so do you! Benefit from our inclusive approach with generous paid parental leave for both secondary and primary carers. We support you in every step of your journey.
About the Seven Network
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media (ASX: SWM), one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market-leading presence in content production across broadcast television, publishing and digital. The Seven Network alone reaches about 17 million people a month.
The company owns some of Australia’s most renowned media businesses, including the Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and 7Bravo; the digital platform 7plus; 7NEWS.com.au; The West Australian; and The Sunday Times. The Seven Network is home to Australia’s most loved news, sport and entertainment programming, including 7NEWS, 7NEWS Spotlight, Sunrise, The Morning Show and many more. Seven Network is also the broadcast partner of the AFL, Cricket Australia and Supercars.
Seven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone belongs. We are Australia’s first media company to achieve the WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality certification and we are proud of our commitment to reconciliation with our Reflect RAP launched in early 2023. At Seven you are celebrated for being yourself, and your contribution will matter.
Don’t just watch Seven – join us and become part of the story.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Visit our LinkedIn Life page to find out more about Seven.
The Seven Network is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The Professional Adventure Awaits
Be part of a purpose-driven environment that values integrity, respect, open communication, continuous learning, and development. Join us on this exhilarating journey, where your contributions make a real difference!
Ready to embark on this career adventure? Apply now and become an integral part of the Seven Network family
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au