Pacific Magazines, Australia's fastest growing multi-platform publisher, is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Chief Sub-Editor to join our Weeklies editorial team.
Based in Eveleigh, and reporting to the Chief Sub-Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all stories are well written and tightly edited
- Sub-editing written material for all sections of the magazine and other titles in the Weeklies group
- Grammatical accuracy and tone of the magazine and improving the quality and efficiency of the sub‑editing process
- Maintaining and regularly updating the magazine's written style guide
- Checking the factual accuracy of all text
Assisting the Chief Sub-Editor where needed and taking over duties in their absenceThe person we are looking for will have:
- 3+ years of subbing experience, preferably on magazines or newspapers
- Strong interest in women's magazines and celebrity gossip
- Excellent writing skills
- High attention to detail including superior spelling/grammar skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Work well within a team of subs
If you're ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast, creative environment in one of the country's most progressive organisations, with the scope to take your career to the next level and beyond, please apply now via the link below:
Applications close . Tuesday, 25 April 2017.
At Pacific Magazines, our mantra is 'we build the brands people love' and we pride ourselves on being Australia's most innovative publisher across mass women's, men's, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.