Seven Television is the leading free to air capital city television network in Australia and is part of Seven West Media. In addition to Seven Television, Seven West Media comprises Pacific Magazines, Yahoo!7 and The West Australian and associated WA regional newspapers and radio stations.
Seven is recruiting for a Contracts & Rights Administration Officer. Reporting to Productions Legal the role is primarily responsible for rights administration along with the protection of Seven Network's content and brands from online piracy and the infringements of its intellectual property rights.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Registration and liaison with copyright collection societies;
- Administration of program sales / distribution contracts, including data entry into rights management system;
- Manage internal rights and clearance enquiries;
- Identify sources of online infringements;
- Implement and maintain automatic digital content protection mechanisms to stop the unauthorised use of content, for example via YouTube Content ID;
- Provide advice on rights protection policies to restrict the unauthorised use of content;
- Regularly monitor online platforms for the unauthorised use of content and undertake measures to stop the distribution of such content, including issue manual take down notices, where required;
- Carry out investigations to identify online users and how they access and distribute content illegally;
- Provide regular reports on online infringements to key internal stakeholders
- Experience with media/entertainment contracts including acquisition and distribution agreements;
- Demonstrated experience in rights management of TV/Media content;
- Demonstrated experience with digital content protection mechanisms such as YouTube Content ID;
- Demonstrated experience responding to online copyright infringements;
- An in depth understanding of online platforms that make available pirated content;
- Self-motivated and ability to problem solve;
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a hardworking, winning team in a supportive environment.
- Law Degree or other legal qualification.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below.
Applications close 12 May 2017