With a flair for all things typographic, you will also possess excellent communication, organisational and production skills. You should be able to tick off the list, working efficiently and autonomously as well as being resourceful, responsible and a creative problem-solver.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Adobe CC: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Have tertiary training in graphic design
- Enjoy strong editorial collaboration and enjoy working in a team
- Be details oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to work fast under pressure and maintain a calm attitude on deadline
- Have a keen interest in all things travel, food, fashion and beauty
Additional skills considered favourably:
- Experience working with Macs
- Experience using WoodWing Content Station
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
Your tasks will include:
- Assisting Art Director in day-to-day running of art department
- Designing Front of Book and Back Of Book pages under the supervision of the Art Director
- Various administrative tasks such as filing, scanning and invoicing
- Liaising with pre-press on a daily basis
- Searching image libraries and contacting PRs and photographers for relevant images
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment where you will work to evolve the visual identity of the magazine, under the supervision of the art director and editor.
This role is based in Eveleigh at Media City, the home of Pacific Magazines, and part of Seven West Media.
Applications close 22 February.