Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership, Western Australia's leading newspapers The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated WA regional newspapers and Redwave Media radio stations.
Narrogin Observer has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Journalist who is passionate about writing news for our regional newspapers to join our team.
Based in our Narrogin office and reporting to the Great Southern Editor, this role requires you to undertake research, conduct interviews and write articles for our newspaper or online site. You will be working as part of a team to develop interesting and accurate content for the company’s newspapers, websites and social media products.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Write original stories and take photos for publication in print and online platforms
- Develop contacts in the community to generate a steady flow of stories
- Be confident in communicating effectively with all sections of the community
- Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner
- Contribute to news planning meetings and liaise with the Editor regarding story development
- Up skill and use technology to perform your role, attend training when required
- Work productively in a team environment with the ability to react speedily in a deadline-driven environment.
- Be aware of legal and moral issues when reporting.
- Interview subjects effectively and professionally
- Attend functions at weekends or in evenings on behalf of the company as required
- Be adept in the journalistic use of social media to both source and disseminate stories, promotion and posting of stories online, produce video for digital products
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Have good interview and communication skills,
- A high level of literacy
- The ability to work under high pressure.
- Hold a valid driver’s licence
If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role, a resume detailing your qualifications and experience and samples of your written work and photographs. We may ask for other examples of specific skills as part of the application process.
Apply now via the link below.
Applications close 25 April 2018
For queries about your application please contact Human Resources on (08) 9482 3162.