Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership, Western Australia's leading newspapers The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated WA regional newspapers and Redwave Media radio stations.
The South Western Times has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Casual Adsetter who is passionate about print media to join our production team to work approximately 6 hours per week, and covering annual and sick leave relief.
Based in our Bunbury office and reporting to the Production Manager this role is focussed on producing adverts within the West Australian Newspaper Group.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Creating visually appealing adverts for all SWM products according to instructions provided.
- Paginate classified pages for regional publications
- Typeset and approve regional publication pages for press
- Process and check all copy provided electronically via email
- Trouble shoot and advise/assist regional staff with production issues
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Have graphic design/creative expertise
- Be Computer literate, proficient in Adobe Suite Software, especially InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Have Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be organised, able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Possess current driver’s license.
- Must be available on short notice.
An attractive remuneration package and access to great benefits is available for the right candidate. If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Applications close 25 April 2018, unless position is filled earlier.
For queries about your application please contact Human Resources on (08) 9482 3162.
Apply now via the link below.