Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network; Pacific Magazines, the country's second largest magazine group by readership, Western Australia's leading newspapers The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated WA regional newspapers and Redwave Media radio stations.
Seven West Media has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Digital Video Producer who is passionate about joining our Video Editorial Team.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Senior Video Producer, this role is focussed on developing and producing editorial videos for a wide range of content verticals ranging from news to lifestyle – the content will be distributed online and through social media. The Digital Video Producer must be able to produce, shoot and edit, including post production, as well as draft scripts for. Ideally the Digital Video Producer can also produce high quality video graphics.
You must have excellent news judgment and attention to detail, combined with a strong sense of urgency and thorough grasp of viral and social content distribution.
The role will regularly require the management of breaking news events outside of traditional office hours, often on evenings or weekends. The role will also require managing the distribution of branded content from our partners.
The Digital Video Producer must be obsessed with how SWM’s content evolves online and how this content is shared across all social channels, with a particular focus on Facebook.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage production timeline for various shoots.
- Produce, shoot, edit and carry out necessary post production within budget.
- Draft Scripts and organise any necessary on screen graphics.
- Ensure videos are delivered in a timely manner and meet high quality standards.
- Build and fostering of internal/external relationships to develop departmental performance.
To be successful in this position, you are required to possess experience in:
- Minimum of three years’ experience and strong track record working in a fast-paced news environment.
- Film/Video/Photography Production Diploma/Degree or relevant on job experience.
- Production management.
- Video content production.
- Writing news copy
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Experience in using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated creative attributes.
An attractive remuneration package and access to great benefits, including on site gym, is available for the right candidate. If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
Applications close 6th May 2018
For queries about your application please contact Human Resources on (08) 9482 3162.
Apply now via the link below.