Software Engineer - Core Backend (Contract)
Job no: 973220
Work type: Fixed term contract
Based in our Sydney office, you will be responsible for working on our core services that all our products depend on. This includes new and existing systems that are currently in place.
The team is responsible for delivering best solutions for our fast-paced business. We build on the latest technologies (dotnetcore, docker containers, AWS) and use the latest methodologies such as scrum, automation not configuration, continuous integration and deployment.
We currently have developers at multiple locations in Australia all working together to deliver on sprint goals.
The team is equipped with specialists in different fields that together deliver on projects that are sometimes seen as impossible. We work across all departments – building internal and external projects. We do not believe in juniors, medium, senior developers – we believe that everyone in the team has a responsibility to work together and mentor each other to achieve our goals.
Flexible working hours and working from home are offered (subject to scrum team’s goals).
Key Responsibilities Include
- Contributing to cross-platform technology solutions to accommodate web, mobile and potentially home entertainment.
- Maintaining, challenging and continuing to introduce effective and efficient standards and procedures, including but not limited to technology, usability, online community protocols, API standards etc.
- Being decisive and remaining calm under pressure to deliver quality solutions.
- Apply the appropriate coding techniques/practices to a problem given the constraints of time, scope, requirements and budget.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Real world experience in the design and implementation of micro services.
- Very good understanding of API standardization solutions such as Swagger.
- Attention to detail with a very good understanding of defensive programming.
- Very good understanding of TDD and test coverage.
- Understanding of infrastructure to achieve desired resilience, stability and performance.
- Passion for Technology and Delivery
- Experience in writing micro services in dotnet core or .NET 4.6+
- Work in agile/scrum team
- Strong communication and team work skills.
- Understand Git concepts as well as basic development workflow (pull requests, git flow etc.)
Nice to have:
- Understanding of docker containers and deployment pipelines.
- Experience in working with logging and analytics platforms such as Sumo Logic.
- Community and Open Source engagement
- Amazon AWS products
- CI/CD advocate
- DevOPs experience
- Umbraco knowledge – commercial or private experience.
If you believe that you have what it takes and you strongly believe in “work hard, play hard” attitude – we want to hear from you!"
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au