Pacific Magazines is transforming from a magazines company to a content powerhouse. We have gone from publishing in months with print to publishing in moments across social, digital, apps and events.
InStyle, Australia’s premier celebrity fashion and style monthly magazine, is looking for a new Deputy Editor. Based in Eveleigh and working closely with the Editor and team, you will be responsible for maintaining our high editorial standards and our signature style, as well as ensuring the smooth production of the magazine and producing top-notch content.
As Deputy Editor, you will:
- Develop creative concepts and ideas that will help build a multifaceted content strategy
- Assist in leading, developing and mentoring an enthusiastic, passionate and creative editorial team and act as a 2IC to the editor
- Manage the magazine’s copy production flow and be responsible for final sign off process with strong attention to detail
- Head up InStyle’s popular lifestyle section and create best-in-class home, food, travel, culture and celebrity stories
- Confidently conduct celebrity interviews and construct compelling features
- Represent the brand at industry events
- Liaise confidently and professionally with celebrity publicists and agents
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Have significant experience in a senior editorial role with a very strong writing background;
- Demonstrate exceptional writing and editing skills, and care about detail;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator and team player;
- Have a good idea of what works visually, with the ability to generate ideas and translate them into visually engaging and intelligent stories;
- Be able to help generate brilliant ideas and new ways to deliver content, as well as possess a love for the fashion, beauty and lifestyle industries;
- Demonstrate the ability to develop positive working relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders and thrive on helping others to achieve their best;
- Have a strong commitment to success with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced, dynamic publishing environment.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join Australia’s number one prestige fashion magazine. If you’re ready for the opportunity to work in a fun, fast, creative environment in one of the country’s most progressive organisations, with the scope to take your career to the next level and beyond, please apply now.
Applications close Friday, 25 January 2019.
At Pacific Magazines our mantra is ‘we build the brands people love’ and we pride ourselves on being Australia’s most innovative publisher across mass women’s, men’s, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.