Pacific is one of Australia's most innovative audience companies. We have ambitious goals around the development of our content creation, digital offering, data led capabilities and social platforms, to complement our class leading magazine brands. We are looking for a skilled and passionate Head of Audio to join our team, based in Sydney.
Reporting to the Group Content & Brand Director, you will be responsible for the vision, strategic direction and financial performance of Pacific’s Audio content category across all Pacific brands.
As Head of Audio, you will:
- Develop and drive the vision and strategy for Pacific’s audio content category across all Pacific brands to build the business, this includes contributing to both the creation of programming slates as well as providing data-backed creative recommendations.
- Oversee ideation, production and creation of original audio content for audience engagement, growth and commercialisation.
- steer the direction of Pacific’s original podcast productions as well as identify future audio-centric audience and revenue opportunities.
- work as a vital link between product, commercial, creative teams and third party partners, turning data-backed insights into actionable creative executions.
- partner with the business to develop both Pacific’s holistic podcast and audio strategy as well as more granular best practices.
- Coach, advise and share information on audio content creation across the business. Encourage and support team members across Pacific to engage with best in class audio content creation.
- Strategise and inform Pacific on how to better create meaningful and engaging audio content across multiple brands.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Communications degree in Journalism, or relevant field.
- Excellent experience in podcast production or programming, digital video strategy, TV programming or digital audience development
- Experience as an industry thought leader and innovator in digital publishing and social media across multiple platforms and channel.
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing people.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate & develop people, communicate effectively & persuasively with others, and establish credibility across all level of the organisation.
- Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple simultaneous projects/programs.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of shaping Pacific’s original content strategy. The position will serve a key role in an exciting mission: Evolve the way the world experiences audio storytelling
Please apply now via the link below:
Applications close Friday, 26 July 2019.
At Pacific Magazines our mantra is ‘we build the brands people love’ and we pride ourselves on being Australia’s most innovative publisher across mass women’s, men’s, lifestyle and youth titles, and associated products in the print and digital spaces.
Pacific Magazines is part of the Seven West Media Group, a market-leading Australian multi-platform media business active in broadcast television, magazine publishing, content generation and e-commerce and a dominant force in all the categories in which we operate. Be part of our journey.