We are currently seeking a full time Audio Director for our Perth News Room. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing and maintaining the quality of all aspects of TV studio audio programs including News, Today Tonight, Advertorials and other productions as required.
- Perform Audio sweetening of local productions and promos to a high level of competency and attention to detail
- Perform Audio Mixer configuration for Automated/Manual studio production including;
- Microphone and earpiece selection and placement
- Studio floor set up and cabling
- AGC, Compression and EQ set up
- Maintain documentation relevant to studio configurations
- Assist editing staff to ensure that correct audio standards are adhered to
- The role has some supervisory component and is required to oversee any contracted casual audio relief staff.
Essential criteria for successful candidate
- Experience with ProTools applications
- Experience in delivering error free audio presentation
- Knowledge and experience of correct mixing techniques
- Experience with sound design matching producer requirements
- Experience and knowledge of the practical elements required in the approach/ use of audio facilities
- Audio mixing and post production and operational experience
- Effective interpersonal skills and team work skills
- Calm approach to problem solving
- Calm, effective communication under pressure
- Ability to perform shift work
Not essential but favourable criteria include;
- Experience on Calrec Audio mixing consoles
To apply for this position, please follow the link below.