Safety & Wellness Advisor
Job no: 973864
Work type: Full time
Every day millions of Australians turn to Seven West Media for their news, sport and entertainment. They trust us, and they love our shows, websites, apps, newspapers, magazines and radio stations.
Working at Seven is exciting, challenging and rewarding - all at the same time. We are passionate about what we do, we’re accountable for delivering results and meeting our commitments as one connected team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Safety & Wellness Adviser across Seven West Media.
This role is a holistic approach to injury prevention and injury management through the implementation of risk management strategies promotion of wellness. You will be required to provide training, advice and support to the wider business and manage injuries and conditions from the outset and throughout.
Based in Eveleigh and Reporting to the Group Safety & Wellness Manager you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensure RTW and Workers’ Compensation obligations are met within the business
- Complete incident investigations and give recommendations for improvement
- Drafting RTW plans for Workers’ Compensation and non-work-related injuries
- Regular and comprehensive Workers’ Compensation claims review
- Organise Workers’ Compensation wages and reimbursements from insurer
- Assist with the management of all personal injuries and conditions
- Build knowledge and awareness of injury management with managers
- Provide monthly reporting to necessary stakeholders
- Complete risk assessments and review risk assessments completed by others
- Complete workplace inspections, ergonomic assessments, task analysis etc give recommendations for improvement.
- Manage and update intranet on a monthly basis or as changes occur
- Attend outside broadcasts to conduct inspections and provide risk management advice when required
- Ensure Safety training is delivered and completed by relevant personnel
- Oversee training records and training register, ensuring staff qualifications remain valid
- Manage the first aid supplies for all sites
- Maintain the corrective action database and provide to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure consultation arrangements are effectively implemented.
- Drive Health and Wellbeing programs (coordinate, promote and deliver wellness initiatives)
- Provide cover for Group Safety & Wellness Manager as necessary
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good working knowledge of Safety and Workers’ Compensation legislation
- RTW Coordinator qualification (NSW, VIC, QLD)
- Demonstrated Safety and RTW advisory experience, understanding and capabilities
- Exceptional organization skills
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Drive, tenacity, attention to detail and a results-focused attitude
- Assertiveness and ability to work in high pressure, fast paced environment
- Good Influencing and internal consulting skills
- Good problem solving, negotiation and time management skills
- Ability to build positive relationships and engage people across all levels of the organization
In return, we’ll give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au