Editor - Home Beautiful
Home Beautiful, a wholly owned and created Australian product with innovation at its heart, has an exciting opportunity for an inspiring and creative leader who can take the brand in directions not always expected.
We are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally and innovatively, and respond quickly to multiple stakeholders when unexpected developments arise. Also essential is a strong commercial focus, an ability to confidently manage multi-platform projects, and an acute understanding of Australia's ever-evolving digital landscape.
Based in Eveleigh and reporting to the Group Content & Brand Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the editorial strategy for the brand.
- Overseeing management of brand content with final sign off on all creative concepts.
- Generating strong story ideas and coverlines that employ the brand's editorial style.
- Establishing and overseeing budget and spend across the title and working with the commercial team to achieve revenue targets.
- Being the 'face of the brand' – including appearing in videos and podcasts, attending client meetings, hosting Domayne shopping nights and trend talks, and MC and hosting of commercial events.
- Working closely with the brand manager and Head of Homes to make Home Beautiful a viable commercial enterprise and ensure its future success; developing multi-platform concepts and props with the editorial team and brand manager to take to market.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- H2HB: finding the projects; working up the pitch; taking meetings; editing scripts and videos.
- Hosting, script-writing, editing and uploading of 'The Daily Home Edit' podcast.
- Creating creative concepts for tentpoles and special executions, in collaboration with the Home Beautiful team and leading these projects.
- Liaising with the digital team to ensure brand strength and relevance in digital only and social executions.
- One shots: Choosing themes, workshopping re-use content, building teams, topline editing.
- Managing editorial C&Is.
- Liaising with editorial, marketing, commercial and leadership teams.
- Managing and mentoring the team to enhance performance and motivation.
- Ensuring all production deadlines are met and efficient and effective processes and procedures are in place and followed.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong understanding and passion for homes and interiors.
- Significant experience in a senior or executive editorial role.
- Exceptional writing skills and a penchant for developing brilliant ideas and new ways to deliver must-read information to an increasingly busy audience.
- The ability to lead, and collaborate with, a team of skilled and creative people to take Home Beautiful to the next level of audience engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other relevant departments, including Advertising, Marketing, Circulation and Production.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced, dynamic publishing environment.
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
Please include examples of your previously published work with your application.
Pacific Magazines is Australia's most innovative publisher of mass women's, homemaker, fashion, men's and youth titles. We create magazines people love and are a dominant force in all the categories we publish in. We are a key component of Seven West Media - a multi-faceted media company in Australia with a market-leading presence in broadcast television, magazine publishing and online.